So far, 269,111 refugees have come across the border crossings on the Slovak-Ukrainian border
So far, 269,111 refugees have come across the border crossings on the Slovak-Ukrainian border. The usual number of entries to Slovakia from Ukraine before the conflict averaged 1,400 people per day.
- Of the total number of arrivals, there were 248,759 Ukrainians, which is more than 92 percent.
- There were 12,106 third-country nationals outside Ukraine and 8,245 from the EU.
- Within a month, nationals from 145 countries came to us.
- Among the refugees were 104,413 children, 129,367 women and 35,331 men.
- The highest number of refugees in one day was recorded on February 27, at 15,968.
- We also recorded the highest number of children on 27 February, at 7,126.
- The lowest number of refugees came to us on March 21, 3,356.
The Slovak Republic has been providing temporary refuge to those arriving in Ukraine since March 1, 2022. As of March 17, 2022, the circle of persons who can request it has expanded.